Palmes d'Or 2008 Rosé Intense
A 100% pinot noir from two cru vineyards: delicately spicy Grand Cru grapes from Bouzy allied with the intense fruit-laden quality of Riceys.
Remains in the cellars for almost a decades.
Rosé de saignée, with its pronounced, sensual colour.
A taste of what's to come :
- Delicate copper hue, intense, sensual and heady
- A taste of kirsch, and flavoursome, pastry notes
- Explosive on the palate, in a pronounced, fresh, lemon-tinged fruit dimension. A thirst-quenching champagne with great poise, delicately spicy and feather-light, which retains a legacy of structure from its pinot noir parentage.
- Delicate and distinguished length, offering notes of peony and great aromatic depth.
A few food pairings
- The world is your oyster! From prepandial drinks, to wherever it may lead!
- Spices and subtly-flavoured dishes would marry well, such as chicken or fish in sauce.
- Seafood and its minerally charm, sea urchins in particular to enhance the fruit.
- Red berry fruit desserts, not too sweet.