This prestige cuvée expresses the vast diversity of the Champagne soils. A powerful Champagne with a complex, distinguished structure.
For the Chardonnay: Grand Cru Chouilly, Grand Cru Cramant,
Grand Cru Oger, Grand Cru Le Mesnil-sur-Oger, Grand Cru Avize and Montgueux.
For the Pinot Noir: Grand Crus from Bouzy, Verzy, Verzenay, Aÿ and Ambonnay.
Ageing and vinification
Aged for a minimum 9 years.
Bright, clear deep gold and perfectly translucent, tinged with inviting, amber tones. Wonderfully rich, the effervescence forms a lovely stream of bubbles resembling fine pearls.
Fresh, light and engaging on the nose, the Champagne reveals an understated, yet splendid oral and fruity dual character, and is extremely delicate and tenderly zingy, with aromas of herbs, dried owers and lemon zest.
Nervous, defined and expressive, the Champagne makes a clear impression on the palate. Perfectly balanced lovely acidity and low levels of sweetness. Great structure on the palate, with a fresh and harmonious finish of impressive length. Appealing zesty flavours of lemon sorbet generously coat the palate.
Best served at 10 - 12 °C.
Food and wine pairings:
Aperitif: Langoustine banderillas.
Starter: Oven-roasted or braised scallops.
Main: Fillet of turbot or seabass served in a citrus court- bouillon, honeyed rack of veal.
Dessert: Peach tart.
Vintage 2006 :
- "4 étoiles" - Guide Champagne Gerhard Eichelmann 2017
- Silver medal - International Wine & Spirit Competition 2015
- Silver medal - Decanter World Wine Awards 2015
Vintage 2004 :
- "4 Stars" - Gerhard Eichelmann Champagne Guide 2017
- 93/100 - Wine Spectator December 2014
- Silver Medal - Internationa Wine & Spirit Competition 2014
- Gold Medal - The Global Champagne Masters 2014
Vintage 2002 :
- Silver medal - Concours des Vinalies Internationales 2014
- Gold medal – CINVE 2013
- Silver medal – Vinalies China 2013
- Gold medal – VinAgora International Wine Competition 2013
- Gold medal – International Wine & Spirit Competition 2013
- Bronze medal – International Wine Challenge 2013
- Gran Bacchus de Oro – Bacchus 2013